We are always looking for motivated individuals who would like to contribute their time towards helping out the centre put on engaging programming and exciting events. Below is a list of volunteer positions that you can apply for whether or not you are a member:
Librarian/Archivist: 1 position (2 hours/week)
Potential candidates will be interviewed by the director and must submit a CV with cover letter.
• manage the library catalogue and digitize archival material in consultation with the Director
• organize external publicity materials (invites, flyers, catalogues)
• write a biweekly blog entry profiling a book available in our library or material from our archives
Documentation Assistant: 1 position (4-6 hours/month)
Potential candidates will be interviewed by the director and must submit a CV with cover letter and portfolio of images and/or video work.
• photograph exhibitions and openings.
• Assist in video documentation of performances, time-based artworks, artist talks
• Assist Media Arts Coordinator in editing and uploading videos to social media
Fundraising Volunteers: unlimited positions (rotating crew – 2 ½ hours/week)
Potential candidates will be interviewed by the director and must complete a training session at the Kawartha Club Bingo Hall.
• Volunteer for ARTSPACE at the Kawartha Club Bingo Hall in order to secure 20% of annual operational budge
• Shifts typically occur on Friday and Sunday evenings.
Special Events Assistants: 4 positions (approx. 4 hours/month)
• purchase and prepare refreshments for receptions (with ARTSPACE cash)
• staff bar (must have Smart Serve)
• setup and clean before and after events
Admin Assistant: 2 positions (approx. 4 hours/month)
• assist with mail-outs and promote exhibitions and special events through social media
• help distribute printed promotional materials such as invites and posters
• updating computer software and basic data entry tasks
Install Crew: 6 positions (rotating crew – flexible hours)
• help strike and install exhibitions.
• painting, drywall repair, drilling, light construction, heavy lifting and mopping
• driving runs to purchase materials
Certain positions are thanked with an honorarium and a free annual membership.
Volunteers interested in helping out at ARTSPACE are encouraged to fill out the volunteer application form (included below). Completed forms can be dropped off to Vincent at ARTSPACE. If you've got any questions, please contact us at (705) 748 3883, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.